NEET Biology Morphology of Flowering Plants
Morphology of Flowering Plants PDF Notes, Important Questions and Synopsis
- Morphology is the branch of biology which deals with form, size, structure and relative position of various organs of a living organism.
- Root is the non-green part of the plant which grows below the ground.
- Types of Root Systems
- Modifications of Roots
The stem is the ascending part of the axis bearing leaves, flowers, buds, fruits and branches.
Modifications of Stem
- A leaf is a green, flattened structure which develops at the node of a stem
Venation in Leaves
Types of Leaves
Pinnately Compound Leaf
Palmately Compound Leaf
- Phyllotaxy is the pattern or arrangement of leaves on the stem or branch.
- Modifications of Leaf
- The flower is a modified reproductive shoot in angiosperms.
A true fruit is a mature, ripened ovary.
After fertilisation, ovules develop into seeds.
A floral diagram provides information about the number of floral parts, arrangement of floral parts and relation of floral parts with one another.
A floral formula shows cohesion and adhesion within parts of whorls and between whorls.
Floral Formulae and Floral Diagrams of Some Important Families:
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number