NEET 2020 Eligibility
Eligibility criteria for NEET 2020:
Indian nationals, NRIs (non-resident Indians), OCIs (overseas citizens of India), PIOs (persons of Indian origin) and foreign nationals are eligible to give NEET 2020.
Age Criteria for NEET 2020:
The minimum age for being eligible for answering NEET 2020 is 17 years as on 31st December 2020. The maximum age for being eligible for answering NEET 2020 is 25 years for general students. The maximum age for reserved (OBC/ST/SC) and PwD students is 30 years, for being eligible to give NEET 2020.
|SR No.||Category||Minimum age||Maximum age|
|1||Unreserved category||Born on or between 15th May 1994 and 31st December 2002.||Not more than 25|
|2||SC/ST/OBC category||Born on or between 15th May 1989 and 31st December 2002.||Not more than 30 years|
Number of attempts:
There is no limit on the number of attempts unless you have crossed the age criteria of being eligible to appear for NEET 2020.
Qualifying exam for NEET 2020:
- Students must follow the 10+2 rule, with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as their core subjects for both years, i.e. Class 11 and 12.
- Students who are giving their HSC board exam in 2020 can also apply and register for NEET 2020, but these students can only appear for the exam if they pass with the qualifying marks. Students who are applying for NEET 2020 must pass individually in all subjects, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, Mathematics and English. Of these subjects, they must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology as their main subjects.
- Students studying in the ICSE board which is equivalent to the HSC state board must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics and English as core subjects in Class 11 and 12 as approved by NCERT.
Qualifying marks for NEET 2020:
- For being eligible to appear for NEET 2020, students must pass in all the subjects individually, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Students belonging to the unreserved category must score a minimum of 50% in the HSC board exam.
- Students from the reserved category SC/ST/OBC must score a minimum of 40% in the HSC board exam.
- PH (physically handicapped) general category students must score 45% in the HSC board exams and PH reserved category students must score 40% in the HSC board exam.
We will call you back
Thanks, you will receive a call between 9:00am - 9:00pm IST.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number