CBSE Class 10 Maths Applications of Heights and Distances
- Pls explain
- as observed from the top of the lighthouse, 100m high above sea level , the angle of depression of a ship changes from 30 degrees to 45 degrees. determine the distance travelled by ship during the period of observation.
- Determine the height of the mountain if the elevation of it's top at an unknown distance from the base is 30°and at a distance10km further off from the mountain along the same line the angle of elevation is 15°(use tan 15°=0.27)
- The shadow of a tower standing on a level ground is found to be 40m longer when the sun's altitude is 30° than when it is 60°.find the height of the tower
- A man sitting at a height of 20m on a tall tree on a small island in the middle of a river observes 2 poles directly opposite to each other on the 2 banks of the river and in line with a foot of tree. If the angles of depression of the feet the pole from a point at which the man is sitting on the tree on either side of the river are 60 degrees and 30 degrees respectively. Find the width of the river.
- A 1.6m tall girl stands at a distance of 3.2m from a lampost and casts a shadow of 4.8m on the ground. Find the height of the lampost by using(1)trigonometric ratios(2)property of similar triangles.
- At point A, 20m above the level of water in a lake angle of elevation of cloud is . The angle of depression of reflection of cloud in a lake at A is . Find the distance of cloud from A.
- a boy isstanding on the ground and flying a kite with a string of length 150m at an angle of elevation of 30 degree. another boyis standing on the roof of a 25 m high building and is flying his kte at an elevation of 45 degree.both the boys are on opposite sides of both the kites find the length of the string( in metres) correct to two decimal places that the second boy must have so that the two kites meet
- from the top of a building 60 m high the angles of depression of the top and bottom of a vertical lamp post are observed to be 30 degree and 60 degree respectively find 1)the horizontal distance between the building and the lamp post 2)the height of the lamp post (use root 3= 1.732)
More videos from this chapterView All
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number