why did political leaders differ sharply over the question of separate electorates
Asked by manyusharoshis531 | 9th Aug, 2020, 07:53: PM
Political leaders differed sharply over the question of separate electorates because of differences in opinion. While those supporting the cause of minorities and the dalits believed that only political empowerment would resolve their social backwardness, others like Gandhiji thought that separate electorates would further slow down the process of their integration into society. Also, it was feared that the system of separate electorates would gradually divide the country into numerous fragments because every community or class would then ask for separate representations.
Answered by Akansha | 9th Aug, 2020, 08:36: PM
- Swaraj meant different things to different people, explain ?
- describe the meaning of swaraj for the plantation workers of andhra pradesh
- The most stirring of all was a demand to abolish the salt tax. Which of the following statement justify the statement? a. It was very cheap. b. It was consumed both by the rich and the poor and was an essential food item. c. It was produced by poor d. It was over produced by the British
- full event of civil disobedience movement
- Simon commission (short note)
- write a short note on satyagraho ?
- why was khilafat movement started by 3 points ?
- what is mean of nationalism
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number