Which of the following functions are not polynomials. Give reason for your answer.
(i) (ii) x2 + x + 3 (iii) (iv)
Asked by Topperlearning User | 26th Jul, 2017, 08:52: AM
In (i) the powers of x are 3, -2, -1, and 0. Since -2, -1 are not non-negative integers, therefore it is not a polynomial.
Answered by | 26th Jul, 2017, 10:52: AM
- if the sum of the zeroes of the equation 1/x+a + 1/x+b = 1/c is 0 then the product of zeroes of the equation is?
- How to find the zeros of x2-2x-8
- Find the zeroes of the following quadratic polynomial : 1)4s² -4s+1 2)6x²-3-7x 3)4u²+8u 4)3x²-x-4
- if and -12 are the sum and product find the quadratic polynomial and also find the zeroes
- Find a cubic polynomial with the sum, sum of the product of its zeroes taken two at a time and product of its zeroes as 4, -9, -17 respectively.
- Explain, what you understand by a function of the form P (x) = a0 + a1x + a2 x2 + a3 x3 +………….an xn
- (i) Why is f(x) = ax + b called a linear polynomial? (ii) Name the point at which the graph represented by y = ax+ b crosses the x-axis.
- What is the geometrical meaning of the zeros of a polynomial?
- Find the number of zeros in the following graphs.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number