What is the function of a lightning conductor running through a tall building? What would happen if it is not installed in the building?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 25th Nov, 2013, 12:28: AM
The function of a lightning conductor is to conduct any lightning strikes safely to the earth without causing any damage to the building.
If a tall building is not protected with a lightning conductor, then the tremendous electric energy produced during lightning would pass through the walls of the building, causing damage to the material of the walls and making the walls unsafe. It can even set the building on fire.
Answered by | 25th Nov, 2013, 02:28: AM
- What is an earthquake ? How is the magnitude of an earthquake expressed ?
- In what ways is lightning useful?in brifly
- What is the main cause of earthquake?
- What is an earthquake
- what is the electric discharge
- By which device the power of an earthquake is expressed?
- Draw an internal structure of earth.
- What are seismic waves? Name the instrument which records these waves.
- List two places in India which are most threatened by an earthquake.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number