What is green house effect? How is it caused?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 12th Mar, 2015, 04:39: PM
Some gases such as carbon dioxide and methane present in the Earth's atmosphere prevent the escape of heat from the Earth by absorbing the infrared rays from the Sun. An increase in the percentage of these greenhouse gases in the atmosphere causes an increase in the average temperature worldwide. This phenomenon is known as 'Greenhouse Effect'.
Answered by | 12th Mar, 2015, 06:39: PM
- what is greenhouse effect in detail
- (a) Name any two green house gases.(b) What causes global warming?
- How does amount of CO2 rise in atmosphere and become excessive?
- How does rising content of CO2 responsible for increasing temperature of earth?
- How does deforestation lead to an increase in amount of CO2 in air?
- How is global warming caused?
- What measures can be taken to prevent global warming? Write any two.
- (i) What happens when amount of CO2 rise in atmosphere and become excessive? (ii) Which gas is mainly responsible for the green house effect?
- (i) Name the phenomenon which is caused due to increase in the temperature of the Earth. (ii) Write any two harmful effects of it.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number