What is boiling ? explain it on the basis of molecular motion.
Asked by barnalisingh548 | 24th Feb, 2021, 07:25: PM
The process by which a substance’s liquid state changes into the vapour or gaseous state at a constant temperature by absorption of heat is known as boiling.
In case of boiling, on heating liquids, the temperature rises
- Particles gain energy.
- Intermolecular force of attraction decreases.
- Intermolecular space between the molecules of liquid increases.
- At boiling point, particles become completely free and convert into a vapours
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 24th Feb, 2021, 09:41: PM
- define the term matter.what is it composed of ?
- why is cooling produced on evaporation of a liquid?
- what is matter?
- what is accidulated water ?
- what is kinetic energy
- In the term of kinetic theory explain the process of melting a solid
- In terms of kinetic theory . Explain the process of melting a solid.
- Can a substance be at the same temperature in two different states of matter. Give Examples
- Give odd one out giving reasons : Element, Atom, Molecule, Sublimation
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number