Vishal wishes to cover a box of size 80 cm ×40cm×20cm using a square sheet of paper 40 cm^2.Find the number of sheets needed to cover the box.
Asked by Cl_narayan | 17th Jul, 2019, 03:48: PM
Surface area of the box(Cuboid) = 2(lb + lh + bh)
= 2(80 × 40 + 80 × 20 + 40 × 20)
= 2(3200 + 1600 + 800)
= 11200 cm2
Number of sheets needed to cover the box = 11200 ÷ 40 = 280
Answered by Yasmeen Khan | 17th Jul, 2019, 04:03: PM
- If length, breadth and height of a cuboid is tripled, 1. How many times will its surface area increase? 2. How many times will its volume increase?
- The dimensions of a cubical room are 8.6m×5.4m×4m. The room has two doors each measuring 2m by 1m and four windows each measuring 1m by 1m. What will be the cost of plastering the four walls and the ceiling at Rs. 65 per m^2?
- The volume of a cube is 64mm cube.Find the length of the cloth required to cover the cube complete .
- Three equal cubes are placed together in a row to form a cuboid. Find the ratio of the total surface area of the new cuboid to that of the surface area of the three cubes.
- Find the area of metal sheet required to make an open tank of length 10m,breadth7.5m and depth 3.8m
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number