the sum two number x and y is 10 and their product is 8.
Asked by melodygaming0017 | 17th Sep, 2021, 08:45: PM
Given information :-
Sum of numbers , X + Y = 10 .................... (1)
Product of numbers , X Y = 8 ....................(2)
From eqn.(1) , we get , Y = ( 10 - X )
If we substitute Y in eqn.(2) , X ( 10 - X ) = 8 or X2 -10X + 8 = 0 ................(3)
Roots of above quadratic equation are 5+ and 5 -
Numbers are same as roots of quadratic equations .
Hence numbers are , 9.123 and 0.877
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 17th Sep, 2021, 11:20: PM
- 3x-y=23 x/3+y/4=4
- x +2y = 1 , 3x - y = 17 by substituting method
- By Substitution
- 4/x-9/y=5 7/x-12/y=20 I did not understood how to solve this
- How to solve By substitution method.
- solve the following simultaneous linear equantion by substiution method : - 4x- 3y = 11 6x + 7y = 5
- P,Q,R have a total of ₹ 130 with them. When P gave some amount to each Q and R , their amount got doubled. P now had ₹30. Find his initial amount.
- By the substitution method solve the linear equation that is 8 x + 5 y is equal to 9 and 3 x + 2 y is equal to 4
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number