Reena visited her native place land after 20 years. She was shocked to see the earlier lush green land now barren and desert-like. Her parents informed her that this was caused by large-scale deforestation. Could this be true? Explain how.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 28th Jul, 2016, 04:24: PM
Yes. Trees prevent soil erosion, hence cutting of trees results in more soil erosion. Removal of the top layer of the soil exposes the lower, hard and rocky layers. This soil has less humus and is less fertile. Gradually the fertile land gets converted into deserts.
Answered by | 28th Jul, 2016, 06:24: PM
- why no dodo bird is not found in world
- What is the main reason that many species are becoming endangered? Habitat Destruction Disease Natural Selection Acid rain
- In which processes plants are involved ?
- ------------------------- species is that which will become extinct if nothing is done to stop the cause of its decline a]endangered b]extinct c]exotic d]endemic
- (i) Scientists and environmentalists continuously emphasize the negative effects of carrying out deforestation. Mention these effects. (ii) Which of the following cannot be caused by deforestation? Why? (a) Desertification (b) Severe droughts (c) Increase in soil fertility (d) Global warming
- (i) Discuss any two problems that can arise if deforestation continues.(ii) What is the relation between deforestation and obtaining fuel?
- What is the relation between deforestation and obtaining fuel?
- (i) There was massive destruction of a large forest area due to forest fires. A few years later, severe droughts were experienced in that region. Explain how the massive deforestation led to droughts.(ii) Which of the following cannot be caused by deforestation? Why? (a) Desertification (b) Severe droughts (c) Increase in soil fertility (d) Global warming
- How does carbon dioxide cause global warming?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number