Name the organisms due to which the ponds often look green in colour? What is the source for growth of such organisms?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 29th Jul, 2016, 11:36: AM
The green colour is because of algae which is produced in the pond's water. The deposition of algae is caused by excessive quantities of chemicals which get washed from the fields in the rivers or ponds. These act as nutrients for algae to flourish.
Answered by | 29th Jul, 2016, 01:36: PM
- Define waterbpollution
- Explain the uses of plastic in 5 different areas/fields
- What are the main sources of water pollution?
- What do you mean by untreated sewage?
- What is an industrial effluent and what does it contain?
- What is an oil spill? Why is it considered a water pollutant?
- What is eutrophication?
- What are water pollutants?
- What do the bacteria present in the faeces of mammals indicate?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number