In what ways is lightning useful?in brifly
Asked by gspublicschool | 12th Feb, 2019, 02:00: PM
Benefits of lightning:
1. Lightning strikes dissolve unusable nitrogen in water and form a natural fertilizer which is absorbed by the roots of plants. Thus, lightning helps for nitrogen fixation.
2. Lightning also produces important gas called ozone which protects our planet from the harmful UV rays.
3. Nitrogen is important for other living beings also. The nitrogen existing in nature is just inhaled and exhaled by us without being used by our body. Proteins in our body are made of nitrogen. But the nitrogen existing in nature has 3 electron bonds which need to be broken. The breaking of these bonds requires high energy. Lightning provides this energy and when it strikes through the atmosphere the nitrogen bonds breaks and get mixed with oxygen and hydrogen forming nitrates. Without nitrogen the existence of life on the earth is impossible. Hence, lightening plays an important role in the origin and evolution of life on earth.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 12th Feb, 2019, 03:33: PM
- What is an earthquake ? How is the magnitude of an earthquake expressed ?
- What is the main cause of earthquake?
- What is an earthquake
- what is the electric discharge
- By which device the power of an earthquake is expressed?
- Draw an internal structure of earth.
- What are seismic waves? Name the instrument which records these waves.
- List two places in India which are most threatened by an earthquake.
- What is the function of a lightning conductor running through a tall building? What would happen if it is not installed in the building?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number