if and -12 are the sum and product find the quadratic polynomial and also find the zeroes
Asked by Apeksha | 8th Jun, 2018, 06:22: PM
x2 - (sum of the zeroes)x + product of the zeroes
x2 - √2 x - 12
x2 - 3√2 x + 2√2 x - 12
x(x - 3√2) + 2√2 (x - 3√2)
(x - 3√2) (x + 2√2)
3√2 and 2√2 are the two zeroes of a polynomial.
Answered by Sneha shidid | 10th Jun, 2018, 08:54: PM
- if the sum of the zeroes of the equation 1/x+a + 1/x+b = 1/c is 0 then the product of zeroes of the equation is?
- How to find the zeros of x2-2x-8
- Find the zeroes of the following quadratic polynomial : 1)4s² -4s+1 2)6x²-3-7x 3)4u²+8u 4)3x²-x-4
- Find a cubic polynomial with the sum, sum of the product of its zeroes taken two at a time and product of its zeroes as 4, -9, -17 respectively.
- Explain, what you understand by a function of the form P (x) = a0 + a1x + a2 x2 + a3 x3 +………….an xn
- Which of the following functions are not polynomials. Give reason for your answer. (i) (ii) x2 + x + 3 (iii) (iv)
- (i) Why is f(x) = ax + b called a linear polynomial? (ii) Name the point at which the graph represented by y = ax+ b crosses the x-axis.
- What is the geometrical meaning of the zeros of a polynomial?
- Find the number of zeros in the following graphs.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number