How does rising content of CO2 responsible for increasing temperature of earth?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
The sun sends its rays to the earth. Some of these rays are absorbed by the earth atmosphere and some radiations are reflected back. CO2 traps heat and does not allow it to escape into space. This effect keeps earth's atmosphere warm. Rising amount of CO2 causes more heat rays to be trapped in the atmosphere. This result in excessive heating of earth's atmosphere, therefore, temperature rises.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- what is greenhouse effect in detail
- What is green house effect? How is it caused?
- (a) Name any two green house gases.(b) What causes global warming?
- How does amount of CO2 rise in atmosphere and become excessive?
- How does deforestation lead to an increase in amount of CO2 in air?
- How is global warming caused?
- What measures can be taken to prevent global warming? Write any two.
- (i) What happens when amount of CO2 rise in atmosphere and become excessive? (ii) Which gas is mainly responsible for the green house effect?
- (i) Name the phenomenon which is caused due to increase in the temperature of the Earth. (ii) Write any two harmful effects of it.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number