How can we control fire. Write your answer in 50 words.
Asked by jainanjali1207 | 15th Oct, 2020, 09:16: AM
Fire can be extinguished in three ways:
Remove the Fuel
- The fuel is a food for fire. So, when a fire starts all the combustible materials should be removed so that the fire does not spread.
Remove the Heat
- The most common fire extinguisher is water, but it works for ordinary fires.
- Water is used to remove heat from a burning substance and to make it too cool to burn further.
Cut off the Air Supply
- For fires involving electrical equipment and inflammable materials like petrol, carbon dioxide is the best extinguisher.
Answered by Ramandeep | 15th Oct, 2020, 04:01: PM
- Why is soda-fire extinguisher not used to extinguish fire caused by electricity?
- Why is water poured on wood to extinguish burning wood?
- What can we do to cut off the supply of air to a burning substance?
- Why is water not used to control fire produced by burning petrol and oil?
- What should be done to control fire due to oils?
- How does carbon dioxide help in putting off fire?
- (a) What substances are used to extinguish fire? (b) What should we use to extinguish fire in case of electric short circuit? (c) What cannot be used to control fire due to oils?
- (a) Name different types of fire extinguishers. (b) Why is blanket used to wrap around a person who has caught fire?
- (a) Why soda-acid fire extinguisher is not successful in controlling fire caused due to burning oils? (b) How does a soda-acid fire extinguisher work?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number