Describe an activity to show that charging can be done by rubbing the objects.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 25th Nov, 2013, 10:38: AM
Take a used ballpen refill and rub it vigorously with a piece of polythene. Bring it close to tiny pieces of paper. It will attract the pieces of paper.This suggests that the refill has acquired an electric charge by rubbing.
Answered by | 25th Nov, 2013, 12:38: PM
- What is the cause of lightning?
- Cite any two examples where the objects may get charged when rubbed against any other object.
- By which device can we test whether an object is carrying charge or not?
- What is earthing? Why it is done?
- Explain the construction of an electroscope.
- A negatively charged object repels another charged object kept close to it. What is the nature of charge on the other object?
- Does a charged object get uncharged on touching with hand? Explain. What is this phenomenon called?
- What kind of electric charge is acquired? (a) by a glass rod rubbed with silk cloth? (b) by a plastic comb rubbed with dry hair?
- Which of the following cannot be charged by friction, if held by hand? (a) a plastic scale (b) a copper rod (c) an inflated balloon (d) a woolen cloth. Why?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number