(a) Name different types of fire extinguishers.
(b) Why is blanket used to wrap around a person who has caught fire?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
(a) Soda-acid fire extinguishers
Hydrocarbon fire extinguishers
(b) Blanket is used to wrap around a person who has caught fire in order to put off the fire. When the person who has caught fire is covered with blanket then it cuts off the supply of air to burning surface. This puts the fire off.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- How can we control fire. Write your answer in 50 words.
- Why is soda-fire extinguisher not used to extinguish fire caused by electricity?
- Why is water poured on wood to extinguish burning wood?
- What can we do to cut off the supply of air to a burning substance?
- Why is water not used to control fire produced by burning petrol and oil?
- What should be done to control fire due to oils?
- How does carbon dioxide help in putting off fire?
- (a) What substances are used to extinguish fire? (b) What should we use to extinguish fire in case of electric short circuit? (c) What cannot be used to control fire due to oils?
- (a) Why soda-acid fire extinguisher is not successful in controlling fire caused due to burning oils? (b) How does a soda-acid fire extinguisher work?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number